All New A/C Parts come with a One Year unlimited kilometre Warranty from the original purchase date.
Correct A/C Compressor installation procedures must be followed. Incorrect installation may damage the A/C Compressor and void your warranty. Please familiarise yourself with the following steps before installing your new A/C Compressor.
(1) Whenever a compressor is to be replaced, the oil in the old compressor must be drained and examined. Compressor oil should always look ‘clean’. If there is any water, moisture, sludge, discolouration or metal particles present, the entire A/C System must be thoroughly flushed with an approved flushing agent and the Receiver/Drier or Desiccant bag and Condenser replaced. Failing to do this will Void your warranty.
(2) The Receiver/Drier or Desiccant Bag must also be replaced.
(3) If your vehicle is equipped with an orifice tube it should be inspected and replaced if necessary.
(4) Parallel flow condensers cannot be thoroughly flushed, if there is any contamination it must be replaced. Tube and fin condensers can be flushed and do not need replacing.
(5) All our compressors come pre-charged with oil. It is advised that the oil from both A/C Compressors is drained into separate containers and measured. Refill the new A/C Compressor with the same amount of oil that was drained from your original Compressor. If the entire A/C System has been flushed, refill the Compressor oil to your vehicle manufacturers specifications. Always make sure you use the correct type of Compressor oil. (This information will often be located on a decal under the bonnet or on the radiator support panel.)
Please Note: Some compressors are suitable for multiple makes/models of vehicles. Due to this, oil measurements can also vary dependant on which make/model vehicle it is being installed in. It is IMPORTANT to check correct oil measurement prior to installation.
(6) Once fitted and oil charge is complete, rotate the compressor clutch manually a minimum of 10 times. A concentration of oil in the compressor can cause damage on initial start-up. (By doing this step, this scenario can be avoided.)
(7) Once the system is flushed and new parts installed, the system should be evacuated for a minimum of 45 minutes to evaporate any remaining solvent or moisture before re-gassing.
(8) Recharge your A/C Compressor with the correct amount of refrigerant.
(9) If the Receiver/Drier or Desiccant Bag was not replaced at time of new compressor installation, your warranty will be void. A receipt or work-order showing the Receiver/Drier has been replaced must be submitted to support your claim. If installation was not performed by a licensed workshop, you will need to attach a verifiable receipt, showing a new Receiver/Drier or Desiccant Bag suited for your vehicle had been purchased prior to the installation of your new compressor.
Warranty covers parts sold by us from the original purchase date. We accept no liability for any consequential loss, damage, or any other associated costs. By purchasing from us you have agreed to these terms.
© 2021 Cool Car Air Conditioning | BUILT BY GETMILK